The city of Tuscaloosa is a regional center for industry, commerce, and healthcare, and it routinely shows up toward the top of the list of America’s most livable cities. But although Tuscaloosa is a great place to live, it still has its share of traffic-related accidents.
When someone in the Tuscaloosa, AL area suffers an injury that was caused by another party’s negligence or reckless actions, they deserve to be fully compensated. Insurance companies usually do not see things the same way, however. While you want to be reimbursed for all of the losses sustained because of your injuries, they want to protect their bottom line by paying you as little as possible.
Since your interests and the interests of the insurer who represents the responsible party are not aligned, they should be viewed as adversaries in this process. And for this reason, it is very important to work with an attorney who has extensive experience with Tuscaloosa, AL personal injury cases and the proven ability to hold those responsible for causing these injuries fully responsible.
At Burge & Burge, we understand that a personal injury can turn your life upside down, and we are committed to providing strong legal guidance and moral support during this difficult time. We are focused exclusively on personal injury and related areas of the law, and our lawyers have extensive knowledge of the complexities involved with these types of cases. We work closely with our clients, and we give each case the attention it deserves.
Personal Injury Claims in Tuscaloosa, AL
We handle all types of personal injury cases for clients in Tuscaloosa and nearby communities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Product liability accidents
- Wrongful death
One of our major areas of focus is on workplace accidents. In addition to helping clients with workers’ compensation claims, we look at third parties that may have played a role in the accident. When this is the case, Tuscaloosa workers can file a personal injury claim directly against the responsible party, opening the door for a wider range of damages.
We are also one of the few firms in the region that handles Federal Employer Liability Act (FELA) claims for injured railroad workers. The Alabama Southern Railroad is headquartered in Tuscaloosa, and this area employs a lot of people in the railroad industry.
Workers in this industry who get injured are covered by an entirely different system that operates outside of the purview of workers’ comp. And given the unique and complex rules involved with FELA claims, it is very important to work with an attorney who has a thorough understanding of this specific area of the law.
What a Tuscaloosa, AL Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do for You
After someone is injured in an accident in the Tuscaloosa area, it is absolutely critical to seek immediate medical attention before anything else. The sooner you get medical help, the better your chances of getting timely treatment and recovering from your injuries.
Some of the top medical facilities in and around Tuscaloosa include:
- University Medical Center, Tuscaloosa
- Alabama family Medical Center, Tuscaloosa
- DCH Regional Medical Center, Tuscaloosa
- Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center
After you have been seen by a medical professional, your next call should be to our office to discuss your case. Here are some of the ways that our legal team will be able to help you with your Tuscaloosa, AL personal injury claim:
- Thoroughly investigate your case. When we accept the case, we go to work immediately to gather all of the facts and important pieces of evidence while it is available to be obtained. Evidence has a tendency to disappear if you wait too long, which is why it is important to find out everything you can as soon as possible after the accident.
- Look at all potential legal options. As we talked about earlier, we will take a comprehensive look at your case. For example, if you were hurt in a car accident, we will look at outside factors beyond just the negligence of the other driver, such as faulty vehicle parts, unsafe road conditions, and whether the at-fault driver was operating the vehicle commercially for an employer at the time of the accident. This allows us to identify any and all parties that may be responsible, putting you in the best possible position to recover maximum compensation.
- Handle all communication and negotiations with the other side. As your attorneys, we will take over communication with the insurance company and other representatives for the responsible party. We will respond to all of their inquiries, and we will handle all the negotiations. In addition, we will negotiate from a position of strength because we will have compiled all of the evidence needed to prove liability.
- Provide critical advice and legal counsel. Throughout the process, we are always available to address any questions or concerns you may have, and we will also provide important advice about how to deal with various aspects of your case, such as preparing for an independent medical exam if the other side orders one, and how to conduct yourself on social media while your case is ongoing.
- Handle your injury claim risk-free. We accept all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you never have to pay upfront legal fees to receive the strong legal representation you deserve. When we take on your case, we assume all the risk, and your fee is a percentage of the compensation we recover on your behalf.
Contact Our Skilled and Knowledgeable Tuscaloosa, AL Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or someone close to you suffered a personal injury in the Tuscaloosa area, call Burge & Burge today at 205-251-9000 or message us online to schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team.